Valentine’s Day is quickly approaching and I must admit, I love the holiday. I love all the cheesy, ooey, gooey love stuff and just as it should every day, it makes me grateful for a loving husband and the beautiful life we have. It also helps that I have 2 adorable little girls out of the deal and an upcoming trip to Maui that I anticipate will be a trip of a lifetime.
But seriously, I love…feeling loved and loving on others. Last week, flowers were delivered to work on Wednesday and as they were handed over to me, I was in shock! ?
Mark and I do a really good job of carving out 1:1 time alone — away from the house and away from our littles. We go out just about every week and babysitter costs are factored into our budget. We make it a priority and nearly always, we go out on Saturday nights. It’s just for dinner, but it’s our time.
This week we went out on Friday night instead and I kind of preferred it. Saturday helps break-up the weekend some, but Fridays leave Saturdays WIDE OPEN. I appreciated having a day where my only to-do was to watch basketball after the kids went to bed. Don’t we all need more days like that?
I also got on the whole meal planning thing and we got the grocery shopping done. My highlight was La Croix being on sale – $2.88 a case! We filled my hatchback – ha! I alternated between kid-friendly and recipes Mark and I would love for this week. Watch, they’ll probably devour the Mixed Seafood Soup. Time will tell…
A recipe they also devoured? This one. Noodles, mushrooms, chicken, and a basic white wine sauce that anyone would love. It’s ready in minutes and pairs perfectly with just about any vegetable or a salad to round out the meal. And…it’s just swanky enough to whip up for your sweetie this Valentine’s Day. You’ll want this one on repeat, no doubt!
Chicken and Mushrooms in Garlic White Wine Sauce + Weekly Menu
Author: Nicole Morrissey
Serves: 6 servings (about 1⅔ cups each with 1½ tablespoons cheese)
- 8 oz uncooked egg noodles
- 1¾ lbs skinless, boneless chicken breasts, cut into 1-inch pieces
- ¼ cup all-purpose flour, divided
- ½ tsp salt, divided
- ½ tsp freshly ground black pepper, divided
- 2 Tbsp olive oil, divided
- 2 Tbsp minced fresh garlic
- 1 lb sliced cremini mushrooms
- 1 cup dry white wine
- 1 cup low-sodium chicken broth
- 2 tsp chopped fresh tarragon
- 2 oz (~1/2 cup) shaved Parmesan cheese
- Bring a large pot of water to a rolling boil. Cook noodles according to package directions; drain and keep warm.
- Meanwhile, combine 2 tablespoons of the flour, ¼ teaspoon salt, and ¼ teaspoon pepper, stirring well with a whisk. Add chicken to the bowl; toss to coat.
- Heat 1 tablespoons oil in a large nonstick skillet over medium-high heat. Add chicken to pan; sauté 4 minutes or until browned. Remove chicken from pan. Add remaining 1 tablespoon oil to pan. Add garlic, tarragon, and mushrooms to pan; sauté for 4-5 minutes or until liquid evaporates and mushrooms darken. Add white wine to pan; cook 1 minute. Stir in remaining 2 tablespoons flour; cook 1 minute, stirring constantly. Stir in broth, remaining ¼ teaspoon salt, and remaining ¼ teaspoon pepper; cook 1 minute or until slightly thick, stirring frequently.
- Return chicken to the pan. Cover and simmer 2 minutes. Uncover; cook 1 minute or until chicken is done. Stir in noodles; cook 1 minute or until thoroughly heated. Serve with cheese.
Serving size: ~1⅔ cups each with 1½ tablespoons cheese Calories: 440 Fat: 12.8 Carbohydrates: 34.7 Sugar: 3.3 Sodium: 671 Fiber: 2.5 Protein: 42.3 Cholesterol: 118
Weekly Menu: February 10th – 14th